Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Blogging your Way to The Top

So I have to confess, I started this blog with one thing in mind....get my t-shirt shop indexed by search engines faster and get it crawled more often. So from what I've been reading there are several effective ways to get your shop indexed faster and crawled more often, which is very important for shops like my Hometown State T-Shirt Shop because the more your crawled the more opportunity you have for the SEO you've been doing to your site with the keywords you've been focusing on, to take effect, and change your rankings (hopefully move them up) on the search engines. So some tips I've learned along the way:

1. start a blog, link to your shop
2. write articles for sites like ezine and reference your shop at the end of the article, these sites are constantly crawled by webcrawlers due to their huge amount of new/original content
3. get links on messageboards to your site, and any other reciprocal links you can get
4. update your site daily, more content + more text = search engine happy.
5. use Google's Webmaster Tools to track when the your site gets crawled.

So there are a few tips, these are evolving as the search engines are evolving, so keep in touch, this list could change very shortly as I learn more.

No comments: