Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Tip of the Day - Creating T-Shirt Graphics

So the very first step in the process of deciding/starting a CafePress t-shirt shop should be to create some t-shirt graphics and see if you think they are cool enough that people will buy them. I wanted to spend as little money as possible on starting up my shop, so I did a little searching and found an incredible program called Paint.net ( http://www.getpaint.net/ ), that is very very similar to Photoshop, and is completely free. The program runs a little slower than Photoshop for some functions, but the fact that it's free makes up for it. The Paint.net website has a very nice forum where people are more than willing to answer any questions that can't be answered by their FAQ, and the Plug-ins section is especially fun. Find free plug-ins for the software that will allow you to render very cool effects to your pictures/text. I was able to create all the graphics you see at my Hometown State T Shirt Shop with this program. Download it and let me know what you think.

No comments: