Monday, August 20, 2007

Google

So one of the most exciting/challening parts of starting a website is getting your site indexed by Google and then ultimately getting it to a point where it is high on search rankings for your chosen focused keywords. Obviously before you can be high on a search ranking and actually have to be in their index. I had read that CafePress shops don't take that long to get 'crawled' and picked up by the Google index because CP is such a huge site, and it itself (cafepress.com) is crawled so often by Google, so by default any shops would be crawled often by Google. But I wanted to know exactly when my shop was getting crawled so I discovered the Google Webmaster Tools. Create an account here: http://www.google.com/webmasters/ and put in your site url and Google will tell you if your site has been indexed, when it was indexed, what sites are linking to your site, etc. etc. Check back every now and again to see if any information has been updated. I do this almost daily for my State T Shirt Shop". Enjoy!

No comments: