Friday, August 17, 2007

Editing A Cafepress Template with Custom HTML

So if you've started your CP shop you've probably selected a template, unless you're one of those that knows HTML real well and wanted to create your site from scratch. I found that using the template and then tweeking it with my own html was the quickest and most efficient way to get my state t-shirt shop up and running. Everytime I thought of an element that the template didn't allow I did a quick search for the html code that would enable me to add it, and after finding the correct section in the Custom Html screen to add it, I got it done.

One tip, this is a must, always save each section of your Custom Html page to a .txt file before editing anything. I include the date in the filename of my backup files (ie. header8_17_07.txt), so that I can always go back to past versions of my 'header' html, 'footer' html, etc, in case I tweak something and it doesn't work out right.

For just about any tweak you want to make you'll find a willing shopowner in the CP forum who will give you a tip on how to do it. So don't be shy, ask away.

1 comment:

Daphsam's Watercolor And Photography said...

Is thee a list of HTML codes that I can use and see what they do? Thanks!